Tree falls on power line, sparks Raleigh house fire

Tree falls on power line, sparks Raleigh house fire (Image 1)
Tree falls on power line, sparks Raleigh house fire (Image 1)

A tree fell on a power line Friday morning, sparking a fire at a home in Raleigh.

The fire was reported just after 6 a.m. Friday at 2008 Reaves Drive.

Teena Anderson, a neighbor, told WNCN's Bianca Spinosa that an 87-year-old woman lives in the home by herself.

Anderson said she heard a loud boom and saw the tree on the house. Flames then began shooting out of the attic and another neighbor went in and made sure to get the woman out of the house safely, she told WNCN.

Officials on the scene tell WNCN that the fire was likely weather-related. They believe a strong gust of wind caused the large pine tree to fall on the house, bringing a power line down with it.

A neighbor rescued 87-year-old Jean Stainback and her dog China from the burning home, officials said.

Officials said the fire has been contained and no one was injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s