Dr. Suzette Goldmon of Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham shows Valonda how to create a spinach and orzo soup.
Baby Spinach 6 cups
Orzo, wheat or regular 1/2 cup
Onions, diced 1/4 cup
Garlic, minced 1/2 teaspoon
Dried oregano 1 1/2 teaspoon
Bay leaves 1 large or 2 small
My Essentials Chicken stock, unsalted 1 1/2 quart
My Essentials Olive oil & My Essentials unsalted butter 1 Tablespoon each
Salt and pepper
1. Saute’ onions and garlic in oil and butter in the sauce pan.
2. Add spinach, stock and spices. Bring to a boil.
3. Add orzo, bring heat back up then reduce to a simmer.
4. Cook covered for about 15 minutes until the pasta is soft but not overcooked.
5. Garnish with a parmesan cheese.