Mother’s Day is right around the corner, which means it’s time for you guys out there to start shopping, or help your kids start shopping! Don’t worry if you’re completely out of original ideas, our expert party planner Jennifer Durbin, author of the Tips for the Clueless Chick books, is here to give you a some great new ideas to wow mom:
Memories in the Making
- Family Photos and a Day of Beauty. There is nothing a mom loves more than pictures of her children, so why not giver her just that? Book a mini post-Mother’s Day photo shoot with your favorite photographer, or call mine – Sara Davis Photography. And don’t forget that mom will want to look her best so throw in a gift certificate to get her hair done at Samuel Cole Salon. She will be thrilled to have an afternoon of beauty and family photos to last a lifetime
- TIP: Book your photographer at least a couple of weeks out to give mom a chance to prepare – surprising her with photo shoot on Mother’s Day is not recommended.
Fashion and Fun for FREE!
- Personal Stylist. Does the mama you’re shopping for love to shop? Save yourself the time and agony of picking out a new dress, top or necklace for her and get something even better that just a gift certificate. Our local fab’rik boutiques offer a free session with a personal stylist! Just pop into the Cameron Village or Chapel Hill’s fab’rik boutique and tell them the Clueless Chick sent you – they’ll hook you right up with a gift card (in whatever denomination you’d like to spend) and give you all of the information mama will need to book an appointment with the personal stylist of her choosing. Really, with this gift you can’t lose.
The Perfect Necklace
- Love Prints. Personalized jewelry is all the rage; everyone seems to have monogrammed everything. This personalized jewelry from Love Print Jewelry is even more special that a monogrammed necklace because it is made from a mold of your little one’s thumbprint. My husband had a Love Print necklace made for me for Mother’s Day with my then-one and 3-year-old sons’ thumb prints and it is one of my most cherished pieces of jewelry. All you have to do is order a Love Print To Go kit online, use the wax provided to make an imprint of your little one’s thumb, send it back to Love Print Jewelry and within a few weeks your beautiful piece will arrive.
- TIP: You can even get dad a set of thumbprint cufflinks for Father’s Day, or give a set to your hubby-to-be with your thumbprints.
Tune in next week for our Cinco de Mayo party!
Copyright WNCN 2014. All rights reserved.