Grilled Salmon with Tomatoes and Green Onion Relish and Bowtie Pasta created by Natalie Meador, MPH, LDN, RDN
· 1 pound of fresh salmon
· 6 large Roma tomatoes, diced
· ½ bunch of green onions, chopped
· ¼ tsp. Food Lion parsley flakes
· ¼ tsp. Food Lion basil flakes
· ¼ tsp. Food Lion oregano flakes
· Food Lion Ground pepper to taste
· My Essentials Grated parmesan cheese to taste
· 1 lb. bowtie pasta, cooked and drained
1. Dice tomatoes and chop green onions. Place in a microwave safe bowl. Set aside.
2. Sprinkle salmon filet with parsley, basil and oregano flakes. Add some fresh ground pepper.
3. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook bowtie pasta according to box directions. When done, drain and place in a large colander. Set aside.
4. Place salmon on top of grill surface and for 5 to 7 minutes. Flip filet and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until fish begins to flake.
5. While salmon is cooking begin to cook the tomato and green onion “relish” by placing the bowl in the microwave. Cook on high for 1 minute. When it is done, take bowl out of microwave and stir the tomatoes and onions. Place bowl back in microwave and wait until you are ready to serve the salmon onto the plates. At that time, microwave on high for 1 minute. Leave bowl in microwave.
6. When salmon is finished cooking, cut into 4 equal sections.
7. Measure out 1 cup of cooked pasta and place onto plate. Top the pasta with the salmon. Top the salmon with the tomatoes and green onion relish. Sprinkle tomatoes, green onions and salmon with Parmesan cheese to taste. Serve immediately.