Chef Ryan McGuire of the Chef’s Academy creates a shrimp burger.
Food Lion Shrimp, cooked- 1 pound, peeled
Celery- 2 Tbsp, minced
red onion- 2 Tbsp, minced
Cilantro- 2 Tbsp, chopped
Lemon- 2 tsp, including zest
my essentials Mayonnaise- 3 Tbsp.
Food Lion plain breadcrumbs- ¾ Cup + ¼ Cup
Food Lion Hot Sauce 1tsp
Egg- 1 whole
Food Lion Canola oil- 1 Tbsp
Salt and pepper- to taste
- In a food processor, place about 2/3 the amount of shrimp (reserving the rest for a later step) mayonnaise, lemon juice, and one egg in the bowl with the blade and puree together to form a bound paste like consistency.
- Add breadcrumbs to mixture to help hold the shrimp burger together.
- Add larger pieces of shrimp to add more flavor to the burger
- Salt & Pepper
- Add hot sauce (add as much or as little as you prefer)
- Add minced red onion, minced celery, and chopped cilantro (optional: add green onion)
- Make the paddy and coat in breadcrumbs
- Put the burgers into the pan. Let it brown on one side and then flip it and allow the other side to brown.