Carbon monoxide leak leads to evacuation at Cary school

CARY, N.C. (WNCN) – A building at East Cary Middle School was evacuated for a carbon monoxide leak Thursday afternoon.

Ten children and seven adults were evaluated at the scene with three of the seven adults being transported to WakeMed Hospital for further treatment.

Officials are investigating and Wake County Schools is in the process of notifying parents.

Wake County Schools said the building will be closed for the remainder of Thursday.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s