Man suffers minor burns in Durham house fire

DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) A Durham man suffered minor burns in a kitchen fire early Thursday morning, Durham fire officials said.

The Durham Fire Department was dispatched around 4:11 a.m. to a fire at 3527 Four Seasons Drive.

When firefighters arrived to the scene, they reported seeing a moderate amount of smoke coming from the home.

The cause of the fire was related to cooking. The kitchen wall, cabinets and refrigerator were damaged.

Four adults were home at the time. One man was treated on scene for minor burns and was taken to Duke Hospital.

Fire officials said the person cooking alerted the others about the fire and everyone was able to get out.

The American Red Cross was called in to assist the adults.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s