FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Investigators in Fayetteville are hoping to find new leads to solve a year-old mystery.
On August 15, 2014, police say James Allan Chambers II left his job and went to run some errands. Chambers did not report for work the next day. His family members reported him missing after they didn’t hear from him. They are still looking for answers about what happened.
Last year, WNCN spoke with his mother, Rachel Wellhouser. “It’s like James vanished after he got off work that evening,” she told WNCN in 2014. “I don’t know what happened that evening. I just want to find my son.”
At the time of his disappearance, James Chambers II was described as a:
• White Male
• 28 years of age
• 5’8” in height
• 170-190 pounds
• Short Brown Hair / Green Eyes
• Tattoo – right shoulder of tribal art
• Wears contact lenses and/or glasses
Here are some ways to contact police with any information on where Chambers could be now.
– Detective J. Walker with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 237-9391
– Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477)
– Crimestoppers information can also be submitted by visiting http://www.fay-nccrimestoppers.org/send_a_tip.aspx and completing the anonymous online tip sheet
– You can also text-a-tip on your mobile device by sending a message to 274637 (in the text box type “4Tip” followed by your message)