Va. father dies after being saved from fire

A Virginia father died from a Hopewell fire. (WRIC).

HOPEWELL, Va. (WRIC) — The man who was pulled out of a burning house in Hopewell on Wednesday died late Thursday evening, officials tell 8News.

Family have identified the victim as Randall George Booth. Booth was a Vietnam War veteran. His family is planning a military service for him. The family is currently asking for donations to help with the funeral costs.

If you’re interested in contributing, you can donate through any Wells Fargo Bank to the Randall Booth Memorial Fund.

Authorities said that neighbors told them about the two people in the home’s basement when fire crews arrived on scene at 105 South 16th Avenue on Wednesday. Narrow hallways made it difficult for firefighters to get to the basement, but when they did, they found a man and woman both unconscious.

The man suffered life threatening injuries and was transported to VCU Medical Center. He was set to undergo surgery for third degree burns yesterday before he succumbed to his injuries.

Firefighters said the woman didn’t have a pulse when they pulled her from the building. She was taken to John Randolph Medical Center in Hopewell.

Jonathan Dean is the son of the woman pulled from the burning home. His fiancée, Jennifer White told 8News that Acheson is still in very critical condition.

“She has a machine breathing for her, she’s on a ventilator and her blood pressure is being stabilized by some medications,” White said. “It’s a lot better than last night because through the night they didn’t think she would make it.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s