Family homeless after kitchen fire in Durham

Google Maps image of the home at 3634 Four Seasons Drive

DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Two adults and a child were displaced from their Durham home after a kitchen fire damaged the house on Wednesday afternoon, fire officials say.

The incident happened at 3:51 p.m. at a one-story home at 3634 Four Seasons Drive, said Chris Iannuzzi, Durham’s Deputy Fire Chief.

“On arrival firefighters reported a one story residential structure with smoke coming from the front door. A rescue operation was immediately started because bystanders told firefighters that someone was still inside, but everyone had escaped without injuries,” Iannuzzi said in a press release.

The fire was extinguished within a few minutes, but it caused extensive damage to the kitchen, Iannuzzi said.

The cause of the fire was a stove that was left on accidentally, according to fire officials.

Two adults and one child were displaced from the home, but Red Cross assistance was not requested, Iannuzzi said.

Twenty-nine firefighters responded to the call and crews remained on scene for just over one hour, according to fire officials.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s