NC Zaxby’s catches fire after part fails in cooker, fire officials say

Image from Zaxby's Facebook page

FAYETEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A popular chicken restaurant caught fire in Fayetteville on Wednesday evening, fire officials say.

The incident happened just after 9:30 p.m. at the Zaxby’s at 9556 Cliffdale Road near Raeford Road in Fayetteville.

“First arriving units reported heavy smoke visible from the single story building and confirmed a working fire inside the kitchen area,” said Fayetteville Asst. Fire Chief Richard Bradshaw.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen and to primarily one cooking unit, Bradshaw said. A fire protection system also activated and helped to control the fire, he added.

“All the damage was contained to the cooker and kitchen area, with some smoke damage throughout the building,” Bradshaw said.

MORE NEWS: Couple’s fight over Church’s Chicken leads to punch and stabbing, deputies say

One man was treated on scene by EMS for smoke inhalation but was not transported to the hospital.

“No damage estimates are available and the cause of the fire has been ruled accidental, due to a part failure in the cooker,” Bradshaw said.

The Cumberland County Health Department has been requested to the scene.

1 thought on “NC Zaxby’s catches fire after part fails in cooker, fire officials say

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s