Boat heater sparks Raleigh house fire

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A heater in a boat sparked an early morning house fire in Raleigh, police said Wednesday.

Firefighters responded to a fire at 4413 Omni Place shortly after 4:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Police said a heater in a boat, which was next to the house, caught on fire and resulted in the end of the house to catching fire.

No injuries were reported.

Leesville Road between Lynn Road and Fairbanks Drive were blocked as crews worked to put out the fire. Drivers were being asked to use Ray Road or Glenwood Avenue as alternates.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s