Cat saved after food cooking in kitchen sparks Fayetteville house fire

File photo from Fayetteville Fire Dept.

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fire crews saved a cat from a house fire Tuesday after unattended food cooking in the kitchen sparked a blaze damaging the Fayetteville home.

The fire was reported at 2:12 p.m. on Tuesday at 7347 Ryan Street in the Loch Lomond neighborhood, said Fayetteville Assistant Fire Chief R. Bradshaw.

First arriving units reported heavy smoke visible from a single story, single family wood frame dwelling and declared a working fire.

“Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen area with smoke and heat damage throughout the entire dwelling,” Bradshaw said.

Firefighters also rescued a cat from the fire which appeared to be ok.

Two people were displaced by the fire. The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking. There were no injuries.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s