Toddler girl saves mom from SC house fire

WSPA photo

GREENVILLE, S.C. (WSPA) — A toddler’s actions during a house fire may have been what saved her mother’s life.

On Tuesday afternoon, firefighters were called to a fire at a mobile home park on Buckhorn Road, a couple of miles north of Greenville.

The fire was ruled accidental and started around 11:30 a. m.

The blaze was sparked when an extension cord attached to a space heater caught on fire, which in turn caught the living room and kitchen on fire.

When firefighters got there, flames were coming from the windows and front door of the house, but they were able to put it out quickly.

A 2-year-old and her mother were in the house at the time of the fire, and the toddler was near the space heater when it caught fire.

The toddler was able to make her way to the bedroom and woke her mother up in time for them to escape through a back door.

The home is not in livable condition because of smoke and water damage.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s