LAKEVIEW, N.C. (WNCN) – A mobile home was destroyed in a large fire Monday morning in Lakeview, said Frank Staples of Cypress Pointe Fire and Rescue.
The fire was called in just after 7 a.m. at a home located at 153 Merry Oak Road. The front porch of the home was on fire when crews arrived.
The fire started from a small grill that flipped over on the porch, Staples said. When crews left the scene, half the home had been burnt down.
Staples said the home was a total loss and the man that lived there lost everything he owned.
Cypress Pointe Fire and Rescue, Southern Pines Fire and Rescue, Whispering Pines Fire and Rescue, Moore County EMS, and the Moore County Sheriff’s Office responded.
Crews returned to the scene later Monday morning and smelled a strong odor of propane and found that a canister exposed to the fire had a melted valve and was leaking, Staples said.
No injuries were reported.