James Cameron announces four sequels to blockbuster ‘Avatar’

James Cameron. (AP Photo)

LAS VEGAS (AP)–20th Century Fox had its eyes on the future Thursday at CinemaCon, where it was revealed that not only was a “Deadpool” sequel in the works with star Ryan Reynolds and director Tim Miller, but that James Cameron would be making a fourth “Avatar” sequel.

“We have decided to embark on a truly massive cinematic process,” he said, according to CNN and the Hollywood Reporter.

Cameron had previously announced plans to make three follow-ups to his visionary box office juggernaut, but said Thursday that there was just too much material for only three movies. The first of the four will roll out in 2018 with the subsequent films coming in 2020, 2022, and 2023.

The original 2009 film earned $2.8 billion worldwide.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s