Customer bitten by copperhead at NC home improvement store

Photo from East Lincoln County Fire Department via WBTV
Snakes
CLICK HERE TO VIEW A GALLERY OF SNAKES COMMONLY FOUND IN NC.

DENVER, N.C. (WBTV) – Firefighters in Lincoln County are warning residents after a copperhead snake bit a customer at a local home improvement store.

The incident happened just after 4:30 p.m. at the Lowe’s Home Improvement in Denver. Officials said the 4.5 foot copperhead was in the gardening department.

Firefighters originally said an employee was bitten, but later made a correction saying that a customer was bitten.

The customer was taken to an area hospital. Their name and condition have not been released.

The East Lincoln Fire Department wrote a warning to residents on their Facebook page, stating the incident could have happened anywhere.

“This could happen at any store that sells trees,” the post read, “So be mindful when shopping for gardening supplies.”

4 thoughts on “Customer bitten by copperhead at NC home improvement store

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s