Broadway Trip to NYC
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Broadway Trip to NYC (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WNCN-TV (“WNCN”) and Durham Performing Arts Center, Inc. (“DPAC”) (together, the “Sweepstakes Parties”). Sweepstakes is only offered in the WNCN viewing area in the North Carolina counties of Chatham, Cumberland, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Halifax, Harnett, Hoke, Johnston, Lee, Moore, Nash, Northampton, Orange, Person, Sampson, Vance, Wake, Warren, Wayne and Wilson and Mecklenburg County, Virginia (the “Sweepstakes Area“). Void outside the Sweepstakes Area and where prohibited.
- Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. WNCN shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By participating, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Sweepstakes-related advertising or materials.
- Sweepstakes begins on June 7, 2016. Entry deadline is June 13, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”). Drawing to determine potential winner will be held June 14, 2016. WNCN’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing information to WNCN and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Sweepstakes and as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Any questions that you have about this Sweepstakes must be directed to WNCN and not to Facebook.
- Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 MISC tax form (or its equivalent) for the ARV of the prize awarded if required and is solely and exclusively responsible for any and all state, federal or local income taxes that may result from his or her acceptance of prize.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be at least twenty-one (21) years old and a legal resident of the Sweepstakes Area (above). You must have an existing Facebook account prior to the start of this Sweepstakes to be eligible.
- Employees of WNCN, Media General, Inc. (“Media General“), DPAC, any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of the Sweepstakes, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings and children) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
Prize & ODDS
- Grand Prize (1): Roundtrip, economy class airfare for winner and one (1) guest to New York City, New York from the major commercial airport closest to winner’s residence, hotel accommodations (single standard room/double occupancy) for one (1) night in New York City, two (2) tickets (Orchestra or Mezzanine seating) to see the Broadway show that wins the 70th Annual Tony Award for the Best Musical Revival (the “Show”), all valid through September 4, 2016, and one (1) $100 Visa gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV“): $1,500.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Actual value of prize may vary, depending on dates selected, departure city and/or seasonal or industry fluctuations. If actual value of prize awarded is less than the ARV stated above, winner will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for difference in value.
- Hotel accommodations and travel dates are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations, are not available over the weekend of July 4, 2016, are subject to change without notice, and may not be combined with any other offer. Additional blackout dates may apply.
- Prize trip travel and seat selection are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. Travel may be capacity controlled and seats may not be available on all flights or in all markets. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. Prize ticket travel may not accrue frequent flyer points. Stopovers/Upgrades/Wait-listing/Open Returns may not be permitted for tickets booked with prize certificate. Prize tickets are non-transferable, are not redeemable for cash and are void if sold or bartered. The sale or barter of tickets obtained through redemption of prize certificates or vouchers is also prohibited. Any tickets obtained through such sale or barter are void and will not be honored for travel.
- Guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old and may be required to sign liability waiver and/or publicity release prior to receipt of prize tickets and travel documents and/or confirmation of reservations. Winner and his or her guest must travel on same itinerary and use the tickets or passes together.
- Winner and his or her guest are solely responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any picture identification necessary for travel and any travel insurance or any other form of insurance desired and to be in possession of all necessary travel documents at the time and point of departure. Carrier may deny boarding to any passengers without proper documentation. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any air or ground transportation.
- All travel-related elements of prize must be booked and completed in their entirety no later than September 4, 2016. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by any selected transportation carrier as detailed in the relevant passenger ticket contract. Other restrictions apply.
- The specific Show will be announced on June 12, 2016 from the following Best Musical Revival Nominees: The Color Purple, Dames at Sea, Fiddler on the Roof, She Loves Me and Spring Awakening. Show tickets may not be available for all dates and are subject to availability and reservations may be required.
- Show tickets are valid only during the date periods set forth above in the prize description or on the tickets or passes. Exact seat locations will be determined by relevant Broadway theater. Use of tickets or passes is subject to all relevant theater rules, regulations, policies and restrictions. Sweepstakes Parties will not be responsible for weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, labor or other strike or work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Show or closure of the relevant theater or any other inability to use prize tickets or passes and the terms and conditions on, or applicable to, the tickets or passes will govern in such event. Sweepstakes Parties will not replace any lost, stolen or damaged prize tickets, passes, vouchers or similar items once they are in possession of winner or guest.
- Winner and his or her guest agree to comply with all applicable theater regulations and policies in connection with the prize and/or any prize component and acknowledge that relevant theater may remove or deny entry to any person, including winner or guest, who engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other relevant theater visitor, guest, employee or other person, or in any other way that violates any relevant theater policies.
- Gift card prize component is subject to all terms and conditions thereon as well as any additional limitations or restrictions imposed by issuer. Visit https://usa.visa.com for more information.
- All prize details shall be at WNCN’s sole discretion. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, fees, tips, gratuities, parking, concessions, souvenirs, merchandise, additional transportation, travel or lodging, food, beverages, snacks, resort services, room service, laundry service, spa treatments, local and long distance telephone calls, Internet access, personal items, transfers, airline or airport fees, security fees, baggage charges, passport expenses, passenger tariffs or duties, trip or travel insurance, service or facility charges, excursions, sightseeing, and upgrades. Hotel or resort may require valid major credit card or cash deposit for incidentals. Any person who wins prizes through any WNCN-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 Form.
- Prize is not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. The right to receive prize is not transferrable. Prize or any portion thereof not used or accepted by winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted, unless required by law. Prize may not be substituted except that WNCN in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- Prize offered is provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sweepstakes Parties. Sweepstakes Parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to Other restrictions apply.
- Entries will be accepted beginning June 7, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ending June 13, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET. You must have an existing Facebook account prior to the start of this Sweepstakes to be eligible.
- To enter, visit http://www.facebook.com/wncntv (the “Sweepstakes Page”) and follow the instructions to complete an entry form with any required information, which may include your name, e-mail address, and age or date of birth. This is the only method of entry. Entries will not be accepted via any other method.
- All entries must be received by WNCN no later than June 13, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by WNCN will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
- Limit one (1) entry per person. Additional entries received from any such person thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, mechanical, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, or the submission of false contact information under multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, Facebook accounts or logins) or any other devices or artifices to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries are prohibited and suspected or detected entry method violations may void some or all entries submitted by that entrant, in WNCN’s sole discretion. No group submissions will be accepted.
- Entries must be associated with a valid Facebook account with a valid e-mail address for the entrant. WNCN is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of passive or active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on a Facebook account, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Facebook account used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address associated with the Facebook account used for entry by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the corresponding domain. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the potential winner agrees to furnish requested documentation confirming his/her status as the Authorized Account Holder.
- Entrants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by WNCN. WNCN is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. WNCN reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of WNCN and will not be returned or acknowledged.
WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION
- On June 14, 2016, or within a reasonable time thereafter, WNCN or its designee will randomly choose one (1) name from all timely entries Subject to verification of eligibility, the person whose name is so drawn will be declared the winner.
- WNCN will contact the potential winner using the information supplied by winner on his or her entry form. Winner must respond to initial notification within forty-eight (48) hours and may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents and to provide such documents to WNCN within seven (7) days after initial notification and as a condition of receiving prize. WNCN in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail. Winner will receive instructions on claiming or coordinating prize.
- In the event that potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, WNCN within forty-eight (48) hours of initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, WNCN in its discretion may disqualify that individual and an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. WNCN will conduct up to three (3) alternate winner drawings. If WNCN cannot verify a winner after three (3) alternate winner drawings, no further drawings will be held and the prize will not be awarded.
- WNCN may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winner’s name on the Sweepstakes Page and/or any of WNCN’s websites, including http://www.wncn.com, and on or in any of WNCN’s social media pages or channels, and broadcast it on any of WNCN’s stations.
- By accepting a prize, winner agrees to award WNCN the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on WNCN’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that WNCN, DPAC, Media General, Facebook, Inc., any other company involved in the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by WNCN by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the winner or prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Sweepstakes; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry materials; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winner because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winner, the prize or otherwise in any Sweepstakes-related materials.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Sweepstakes OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Sweepstakes OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Sweepstakes.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation or inability to participate, in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related or prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Sweepstakes; (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of prize; and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
- BY entering THE Sweepstakes, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Sweepstakes, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Sweepstakes, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- WNCN reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, in the event that WNCN determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Sweepstakes has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond WNCN’s control. In such an event, WNCN will post notice of same at the Sweepstakes Page and select the winner by conducting a random drawing from among all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Sweepstakes or in such other manner as WNCN, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- WNCN reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Sweepstakes if WNCN concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other any operation of the Sweepstakes, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards WNCN or any other Sweepstakes Party, entrant or other participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including through the use of any prohibited device or method. Any failure by WNCN to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Sweepstakes MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND WNCN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Sweepstakes, including any reference to the status of any person as a “winner” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If WNCN determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, WNCN reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Sweepstakes and prize at any time. WNCN reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if WNCN determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on WNCN. Each entrant agrees to cooperate with WNCN and its representatives in connection with any and all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
- WNCN reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, WNCN reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by North Carolina law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than North Carolina.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Wake County, North Carolina, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Sweepstakes-related materials, including but not limited to the Sweepstakes entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Facebook is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the
Winner’s Name/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winner’s Name, visit the Sweepstakes Page or http://www.wncn.com or mail a SASE to: Broadway Trip to NYC c/o WNCN, 1205 Front Street, Raleigh, NC 27609, specifying either “Winner’s Name” or “Official Rules.” Winner’s Name will be available after July 14, 2016.