RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Three of the five suspects accused in last week’s home invasion in Cary appeared in court Monday following their Saturday arrest.
The Cary Police are still looking for more suspects in connection with the Thursday home invasion after the victims told police five people held them hostage. The break-in happened around 2 a.m. in the 400 block of Sandy Whispers Place.
One of those arrested was John Battle, 23, who was brought into court to face a judge. Justin Atwater, 16, and Tycorey Taborn, 24, are accused of being accessories after the fact.
The Cary Police said the suspects broke into a home by kicking in a back door and then held the victims hostage while stealing numerous items.
In a 911 call, a caller said, “They took all my cards, cellphones, everything.”
Arrest warrants show the robbers also got a television and jewelry in excess of $10,000.
Warrants also say Battle kidnapped one of the victims anddrove to an ATM, forcing that victim to withdraw money.
The case began coming together for investigators when the victim’s burned-out SUV was found in Durham early Friday morning..
Battle and the others arrested will be back in court July 11.
Meanwhile, the Cary Police say they continue following up leads as they look for other suspects.