Famous NC barbecue restaurant heavily damaged by fire

Stamey's Barbecue. (WFMY Photo)

GREENSBORO, N.C. — Firefighters in Greensboro were called to a structure fire at Stamey’s Barbecue Tuesday night.

According to the Greensboro Fire Department, fire units were dispatched to Stamey’s Barbecue, at 2812 Battleground Avenue, just before midnight.

When the units arrived, heavy smoke was coming from the building.

According to Deputy Fire Chief Clarence Hunter, crews got the fire under control and extinguished within 30 minutes.

In all, 41 fire personnel on nine fire units were dispatched, but several units were quickly returned to service due to the quick work.

Hunter said the bulk of the fire was confined to the front area of the business, and investigators have deemed the fire as accidental, due to a malfunction in a drink dispenser.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s