3 workers hurt after flash fire at NC Outer Banks restaurant

Image of Hurricane Mo’s Beachside Bar and Grill from their Facebook page.

KITTY HAWK, N.C. (WAVY) — An accident at Hurricane Mo’s Beachside Bar and Grill injured three employees Sunday.

The restaurant posted on Facebook that they were closing early because of the incident. One of the victims was seriously injured, Hurricane Mo’s restaurant said in the post.

According to the Outer Banks Voice, a can of aerosol cooking spray fell onto a stove burner, burst and caused a flash of fire.

The Voice said one of the workers was flown to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.

A second employee was taken by medics to a local hospital and a third worker drove themselves to be treated at the emergency room.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s