Teen girl and man arrested in Durham drive-by murder; 3rd suspect still sought

DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A teen girl and a man have been arrested and a third person is being sought in the drive-by shooting death of a Durham teen earlier this month.

UPDATE: Teen girl charged in Durham murder found dead in cell, sheriff’s office says

teen killed suspect
CLICK TO VIEW LARGER IMAGES OF THE VICTIM AND SUSPECTS

The incident happened around 4:10 a.m. on July 10 in the 2000 block of Woodview Drive, Durham Police said.

When police arrived, they found 19-year-old Andre Bond. Bond had been shot and was pronounced dead at the scene.

“The shooting appeared to have been a drive-by,” police said in an email.

Investigators arrested 16-year-old Uniece Fennell and 21-year-old Joseph Kendell Jr. on Tuesday in the 600 block of Green Street and charged them both with murder.

Investigators also charged Demonte Christopher, 18, with murder, but he is not in custody at this time.

Investigators said the victim and suspects knew each other.

Bond’s funeral was held on Saturday and his sister has started a GoFundMe page to help the family.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Demonte Christopher is asked to contact Investigator A. Massie at (919) 560-4440 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.

CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.

1 thought on “Teen girl and man arrested in Durham drive-by murder; 3rd suspect still sought

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s