RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Music, Art, Innovation, and Noise — known as the Raleigh M.A.I.N. Events — returns for the fourth consecutive year, highlighting 20 events mostly in September in Raleigh that celebrate the culture and vibrancy of the city.
Raleigh Mayor Pro Tem Kay Crowder invited organizers from the 20 events to join her in offering the public a preview of coming entertainment, arts, culture, and technology.
The events begin August 25 with the fifth annual Innovate Raleigh Summit, then continue throughout September including the International Bluegrass Music Association’s World of Bluegrass and culminate with the 78th annual Chavis Park Celebrates community festival.
A shared website, www.raleighmainevents.com, promotes and offers a glimpse of each event that makes up the M.A.I.N. Events collaboration. Partners in this collaboration hope that the shared promotion will build awareness of the many events in Raleigh. Visitors to the website will find opportunities to learn more about the numerous happenings and perhaps discover new or additional events they would like to sample and experience.
“The city’s growing reputation as a destination for innovation and the arts is unmistakable as evidenced by the September-ish calendar of events,” Mayor Pro Tem Crowder said. “While each event is unique, the common threads of music, art, innovation and noise connect all of the M.A.I.N. Events activities; they help to highlight Raleigh’s diverse community and attract visitors who want to experience all that this city has to offer.“
The M.A.I.N. Events calendar:
- August 25 Innovate Raleigh Summit
- Sept. 3 – 4 African American Cultural Festival of Raleigh & Wake County
- Sept. 8 – 9 Hopscotch Design Festival
- Sept. 8 – 10 Hopscotch Music Festival
- Sept. 9 – 11 The 9/11 Weekend of Service
- Sept. 13 – 14 CED Tech Venture Conference
- Sept. 15 – 18 SPARKcon
- Sept. 17 BugFest
- Sept. 22 CityCamp NC
- Sept. 23 – 25 Ray Price Capital City Bikefest
- Sept. 24 Marbles Makers Mash Up
- Sept. 24 NC Data Jam
- Sept. 24 – 25 The Ray Price Motorsports Expo
- Sept. 25 La Fiesta del Pueblo
- Sept. 27 – Oct. 1 IBMA’s World of Bluegrass
- Sept 27 – 29 Bluegrass Ramble
- Sept. 28 Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market
- Sept. 29 International Bluegrass Music Awards
- Sept. 30 – Oct. 1 PNC presents Wide Open Bluegrass
- Oct. 1 Chavis Park Celebrates
Local businesses are invited to join Raleigh M.A.I.N. Events organizers on Thursday, August 11, from 5 to 6 p.m. in the Lobby Gallery of COR Museum, 220 Fayetteville Street, for a free informational town hall meeting hosted by representatives from the September events. Speakers will discuss planning details of each M.A.I.N. Event and offer suggestions for growing hospitality business and customer traffic during the month of major festivities. Learn more and register to attend at http://bit.ly/RaleighMAINTownHall.
For more information, contact Jonathan Freeze, Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau Director of Marketing, at email@example.com or 919-834-5900.