Last suspect sought in Durham murder investigation caught

(Source: Durham Police Department)
(Source: Durham Police Department)

DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A suspect in an April homicide in Durham — and the last of three named suspects still at large — was arrested by the U.S. Marshals Joint Fugitive Task Force after a brief standoff this morning, authorities said.

Anthony Deshaun Terry, 22, of Durham was arrested Wednesday morning in the 2300 block of Taylor Street, authorities said. Terry is facing murder and felony conspiracy charges.

RELATED: Suspect nabbed in deadly shooting of Durham young man

The task force found out that Terry was living with a woman on Taylor Street, according to a release from the U.S. Marshals Service. The task force and officers from the Durham Police Department surrounded the apartment, according to the release.

There was a half-hour standoff before Terry was taken into custody without incident, according to the Marshals Service.

The charges stem from the death of Spencer Garret Harrison, 21, of Durham, police said. Harrison was found dead of gunshot wounds about 4:30 a.m. April 4 in front of a Durham apartment, according to police.

Authorities had already arrested two other suspects, Nathaniel Antonio Nelson and Dominique La’Ron Percell, both of Durham. Nelson, who was arrested April 17, is charged with murder and attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, according to police. Percell was arrested in June and is charged with murder, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and felony conspiracy, according to police.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s