CARY, N.C. (WNCN) — After several inches of rain and high winds pounded Central North Carolina from Hurricane Matthew on Saturday, several roads in Cary were closed on Saturday night.
Officials released a full list around 10:30 p.m. Saturday and reminded motorists to treat non-working signalized intersections as four-way stops.
The following streets are completely closed to traffic:
- Holly Springs Road from Ten-Ten Road to Penny Road
- Lilly Atkins Road at Holly Springs Road
- Most of Regency Parkway
- Parts of SW Cary Parkway
Partially closed streets include:
- Westhigh Street at SW Cary Parkway
- Pleasants Avenue at Warren Avenue
- Walker Street at Fairview Road
- Walnut Street at Dillard Drive
- Winding Pine Trail at Seahorse Court
- Edinburgh Drive at Old Raleigh Road
- Finnbar Drive
- SE Maynard Road at Ashe Avenue
- Green Level Church Road between Mills Park and Cary Glen
- Chapel Hill Road at Bowden Street
- Evans Road at Weston Parkway
City officials said that residents can report traffic signal outages and downed trees on Cary streets and sidewalks to the Town of Cary at (919) 469-4012.
Officials also said that folks should remember trees may be tangled in live power lines, so do not attempt to move them on your own.