Video courtesy of Billy Marts/Aberdeen Times
CARTHAGE, N.C. (WNCN) — A fire that broke out in a building in downtown Carthage Tuesday morning required fire departments from four counties to respond in order to put out the blaze, the Aberdeen Times reported.
The two-story building that was formerly a hosiery mill, which is located at 183 Barrett St., went up in flames around 7:30 a.m.
Fire crews who first arrived on scene reported heavy smoke and flames coming from the building, according to the Aberdeen Times. A ladder truck and tower truck had to be brought in so that water could be sprayed onto the fire from above while other firefighters battled the flames from the ground.
Multiple fire departments were required to provide the necessary manpower and a water shuttle to the building in order to keep the engines supplied with enough water to fight the flames, the Aberdeen Times reported.
Barrett Street was totally closed to traffic Tuesday morning during the fire.
Responding to this incident were units with Moore County fire departments, Chatham County fire departments, Randolph County Fire departments, Lee County fire departments, Moore County EMS, Moore County Public Safety, Carthage Police Department, and Moore County Sheriff’s Department.