Fire damages Fayetteville home

File photo from Fayetteville Fire Dept.
File photo from Fayetteville Fire Dept.

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A heating source for family pets is believed to be the cause of a small house fire in Fayetteville.

Crews were called to 818 McPherson Ave. around 3:15 a.m. Sunday morning. They reported light smoke visible upon arrival. Crews found a small fire on an exterior wall and were able to contain and extinguish it quickly. The fire started in a dog house that was next to the house and was determined to have started from a spot light used for heat for the animals. Only the exterior of the home received damage and there were no injuries reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s