SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Deputies say a Sarasota woman who was caring for a 4-year-old child was found unconscious from a heroin overdose in a convenience store bathroom.
Deputies responded to the Wawa at 3703 N. Washington Blvd. in Sarasota at 7:15 p.m. on Friday.
The Wawa manager told deputies that Amanda Riley, 30, had entered the store with a small child and gone directly to the bathroom.
Five minutes later, she was found unresponsive in the bathroom with the 4-year-old child.
Riley was transported to a hospital. Deputies say she later admitted to buying heroin in Sarasota on Friday night before injecting it while inside the store’s bathroom.
The 4-year-old child was not injured and was placed in the custody of relatives.
Riley was charged with felony child neglect without great bodily harm.