WENDELL, N.C. (WNCN) — A fire broke out a Wendell dog breeder’s kennel on Monday.
The incident happened just before 3 p.m. at Shamrock Boxers at 1029 Eagle Rock Road in Wendell.
Ray Smith, who owns the dog breeding business specializing in breeding boxers, said that he was able to get five dogs out safely.
Smith’s business, a shop building and kennel, is located behind a home along Eagle Rock Road.
Fire officials said that the building and kennel were a total loss. The fire took about 15 minutes to get under control, according to fire officials.
There were no injuries to humans or dogs.
Smith told CBS North Carolina that he believes the fire started in the chimney of the shop.
Wendell fire officials said the fire started near a stove and was accidental.