DUNN, N.C. (WNCN) — State Rep. David Lewis (R-Harnett County) and state Sen. Ronald Rabin (R-Harnett County) held a town hall in Dunn on Thursday.
Several dozen residents came out for the chance to ask them questions. The focus was on state-level issues, including House Bill Two and why the legislature doesn’t work together better.
Also at issue was the controversial death of a man named John Livingston in November 2015.
Livingston was killed on the porch of his Spring Lake home by a Harnett County Sheriff’s deputy. The FBI is investigating.
Lewis has scheduled more of the town hall events. Each event will start at 6:30 p.m. and run until about 8 p.m. The events will be held:
- Erwin — March 16 at the Erwin Town Hall,100 W. F St.
- Spring Lake, March 23 at the Anderson Creek Club Charter School, 4940 Ray Rd.
- Angier, March 30 at the Angier Public Library, 28 N. Raleigh St.
- Lillington — April 6 at the Harnett Health Sciences Center, 51 Red Mulberry Way
- Coats, April 20 at the Coats Town Hall, 25 E, Main St.