RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN/WNCT) – A data breach at the Intercontinental Hotel Group is bigger than first reported and includes several hotels in North Carolina.
The chain now says hackers broke into the computer system and stole some guests information, which includes credit card numbers, expiration dates, and security codes.
The breach happened between September 29 and December 29 at more than 1,200 locations.
The group owns several brands including Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites.
IHG says some hotels in Fayetteville, Chapel Hill, Wilson, and Wake Forest were among those affected.
The list can be accessed here and includes the following hotels:
- Chapel Hill Holiday Inn
- Fayetteville Holiday Inn (I-95 south)
- Fayetteville Candlewood Suites
- Garner – Holiday Inn Express
- Hillsborough – Holiday Inn Express
- Hope Mills – Holiday Inn Express
- Mebane – Holiday Inn Express
- Raleigh – Holiday Inn Express (New Bern Ave)
- Roanoake Rapids – Holiday Inn Express
- Wake Forest – Candlewood Suites
- Wilson – Holiday Inn Express (i-95)
- Wilson – Holiday Inn Express – (downtown)
- Wilson – Candlewood Suites