FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A worker was hurt and a restaurant was evacuated Saturday evening after a small explosion in the kitchen, Fayetteville fire officials said.
The incident happened just before 8 p.m. at Cheddar’s at 225 N. McPherson Church Road.
About 200 people were evacuated from the restaurant after “a small explosion” in a cooker in the kitchen, officials said.
One Cheddar’s worker was injured in the incident.
The business was closed after the explosion, which did not damage the building.
A manager at the business, who did not provide her name, told CBS North Carolina the worker had a slight burn.
The manager also said the small explosion was little more than a “loud noise” that startled people inside the restaurant.
Cheddar’s plans to reopen on Sunday, the manager said.
The health department is now investigating the incident, officials said.