FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A man was arrested in Fayetteville on nearly two dozen pending charges, including several child sex crime charges, the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office said.
On Friday, Joe Caldwell Jr., 34, was taken into custody at the Topeka Heights apartment complex by the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office Warrant Squad.
Caldwell is facing 23 charges the Sheriff’s Office said.
Among the charges are:
- one count of first-degree statutory sex offense
- four counts of second-degree forcible sex offenses
- four counts of felony child abuse
- five counts of indecent liberties
- four counts of crimes against nature
- one count of solicitation of a child by computer or electronic device
He’s being held under a $2.37 million secured bond.
Caldwell is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday afternoon.