NC man receives third-degree burns in fireworks accident

CONOVER, N.C. (WBTV) – A man was severely burned in an accident involving fireworks in Conover Tuesday night.

The Conover Fire Department said a man had third-degree burns on the inside of both of his arms due to a firework accident. The man also had first and second-degree burns on several other parts of his body, firefighters said.

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50

The incident occurred just after 8 p.m., crews said.

The man was taken to the hospital, but was then airlifted to a burn center. Firefighters were unclear what burn center the man was transported to.

Fire officials said the injuries are not life-threatening.

Crews are not sure exactly what happened, but did confirm fireworks were involved.

Copyright 2017 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s