Smoker falls asleep with lit cigarette, NC home catches fire

Fire crews in Belmont early Saturday. Photo by WBTV

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) — No one was hurt when a home caught fire in Belmont Saturday morning.

The fire occurred at a home on Blanche Avenue around 2:20 a.m.

According to the Mount Holly Fire Department, a lit cigarette caused the fire.

A person was smoking inside the home when they fell asleep, firefighters said.

The fire caused minor damage to the home.

Copyright 2017 WBTV. All rights reserved.

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s