Resident taken to hospital after Fayetteville house fire

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A resident was taken to a hospital after a kitchen fire at a Fayetteville home on Sunday afternoon, officials said.

The incident was reported around 2 p.m. at 5986 Lakeway Drive, according to Fayetteville fire officials.

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50

When fire crews arrived, they saw smoke coming from the home.

The occupants were already out of the home, but one resident was injured.

The injured person was taken to a nearby hospital for minor burns and smoke inhalation, officials said.

The home sustained about $3,500 worth of damage, according to officials.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s