DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — An Apex man is facing a murder charge after police say a woman got heroin from him, then overdosed.
Margaret Jones, 24, of Durham, was found dead in her Ninth Street apartment on Aug. 13, according to Durham police. An autopsy found she died of a heroin overdose.
On Wednesday, police arrested Kane Conrad Graves, 27, of Apex, on charges of second-degree murder and delivering heroin.
He was indicted Monday.
He was put in the Durham County Jail under a $600,000 bond.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WOMAN FACES CRIMINAL CHARGES FOR RESCUING STARVING DOG
- WAKE FOREST POLICE ARREST ‘PORCH PIRATE’ COUPLE AFTER RECEIVING TIP
- 3 OF 4 CHARGED WITH EMBEZZLEMENT IN WAKE COUNTY REGISTER OF DEEDS CASE TURN THEMSELVES IN
- MOM SPEAKS OUT AFTER OFFICIALS SAY SON WAS KILLED BY BEST FRIEND IN HARNETT COUNTY
- DURHAM FIRE CAUSED BY ‘INCENDIARY’ DISPLACES 4, DESTROYS VEHICLE, FIRE OFFICIALS SAY