RALEIGH, N.C. – Raleigh police say the man who shot his wife and a man near a Waffle House at about 3 a.m. Friday later shot himself.
Police identified the man as Jason Maurice Griffith, 51.
According to police, officers responded to a call of shots fired in the 2600 block of Westinghouse Boulevard, near Capital Boulevard, just after 3 a.m. Upon arrival at the scene, two gunshot victims were found at the location.
John Derrick Wright, 51, died at the scene, Raleigh police confirmed.
Emma Griffith, 51, was taken to WakeMed. She was later released, hospital officials said.
Raleigh police confirmed the shooting was not a random act.
The investigation is underway and police are asking that anyone with information that might assist the investigation of the incident call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and email reporting options. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
CBS North Carolina has a crew on scene and this story will be updated as more information becomes available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- NC WOMAN CLAIMS BANK FIRED HER FOR CHARITABLE ACT
- NC SCHOOL VOLUNTEER CHARGED WITH HAVING SEX WITH STUDENT
- WARRANT: RALEIGH WOMAN SEVERELY BURNED CHILD SHE WAS SUPERVISING
- UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT TAKES SANCTUARY AT DURHAM CHURCH
- NC HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT ACCUSES BIOLOGY TEACHER OF SLAPPING HIM IN THE FACE
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018