OAK ISLAND, N.C. (WECT) – Crews are responding to the scene of what officials say was a three-vehicle accident on the Oak Island Barbee Bridge that caused one of the vehicles to go over the bridge.
An official with the Oak Island Fire Department said a truck, which was one of the three vehicles involved in the accident, went over the bridge on Saturday.
The truck became partially submerged in the mud and water below the bridge.
So far one ambulance has taken at least one person to New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
The condition of the person’s injuries are unknown at this time.
WECT is working to get more information.
Copyright 2017 WECT. All rights reserved.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WOMAN REVIVED AFTER BEING RESCUED FROM NC FIRE, OFFICIALS SAY
- ‘SERIAL CHILD MOLESTER’ ACCUSED OF SEXUALLY ASSAULTING KIDS IN NC, 3 OTHER STATES
- WOMAN DIES IN NC 3-CAR CRASH THAT LEFT SUVS TOPPLED ON LIGHT-RAIL LINE
- WOMAN SAYS ‘OFFICER’ PULLED HER OVER, MADE RACIAL REMARKS
- 22-YEAR-OLD WOMAN FOUND DEAD IN WOODS WAS MAULED TO DEATH BY OWN DOGS, SHERIFF SAYS
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018