CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD)- A teacher and tennis coach at Burke High School has been arrested after police say she had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student.
According to the Charleston City Police Department, Jennifer Aro, 27, of Johns Island, has been charged with sexual battery with a student. Tuesday a bond court judge gave Aro a $100,000 surety bond and told her she isn’t allowed to have contact with the alleged victim, his family, or other students at the school.
According to court records, the student notified another teacher of the inappropriate relationship, which lasted two months.
Authorities report that the incidents occurred off campus at both Aro’s home and other locations.
In court, a representative for Aro’s family says she’s a a math teacher. Aro is married to a resident at MUSC, and she has a 10-month-old daughter.
The sexual relationship started in November, and the teacher and the student engaged in sex acts three times, according to authorities. After being confronted, Aro admitted to the relationship, according to court records.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DOGS WHO MAULED OWNER TO DEATH WERE EATING WOMAN WHEN DEPUTIES ARRIVED ON SCENE
- ISLAMIC PRAYER AT NC CITY COUNCIL MEETING SPARKS CRITICISM
- SEVERAL BUSTED IN FRANKLIN COUNTY GAMBLING AND DRUG CRACKDOWN, OFFICIALS SAY
- 2 ATM ‘SKIMMERS’ BUSTED IN NC MOTEL WITH $57,900 IN CASH, POLICE SAY
- RALEIGH MAN SHOT NEAR MYRTLE BEACH WHILE TRYING TO BUY RING HE FOUND ONLINE
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018