RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Raleigh swim coach is being held under $5 million bond after he was arrested on child sex crime charges, court documents show.
Nathan Weddle, 43, faces charges of indecent liberties with a child and statutory sex offense with a child 15 years old or younger.
Weddle is listed as a coach with Capital Area Swim Team on the organization’s website. Raleigh police confirmed that Weddle was the swim coach of the female victim.
CBS North Carolina has reached out to the Capital Area Swim Team’s board of directors for comment but have not hear back.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- RALEIGH POLICE RESPONSE TIMES CALLED INTO QUESTION AFTER RECENT BREAK-IN, MURDER CALLS
- NC PARENTS OF NEWBORN SHARE HEARTBREAKING STORY OF BABY’S DEATH
- CAUGHT: MISSING PREGNANT TEEN GIRL, COUSIN THOUGHT TO BE BABY’S FATHER
- MAN BEAT CHILD FOR OPENING CHRISTMAS PRESENT EARLY, POLICE SAY
- VIDEO: MAN ATTEMPTS GETAWAY ON BACK OF 18-WHEELER, SHERIFF SAYS