CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities are looking for a gunman who kidnapped a man and made him withdraw cash from an ATM in Chapel Hill Friday evening.
The incident started around 7 p.m. Friday in the 400 Block of West Rosemary Street, according to a news release from Chapel Hill police.
The suspect asked the victim for a ride. Once inside the car, the suspect pulled out a silver pistol and forced the victim to drive to an ATM and withdraw cash.
The suspect then fled on foot. The victim was not hurt.
The suspect is a 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall male in his 20s described as having a close-cropped beard and a thin to medium build, police said. He was wearing a brown coat and blue jeans.
If anyone has information about this incident, you may call either the Chapel Hill Police Department at 919-968-2760 or Crime Stoppers at 919-942-7515.
Calls to Crime Stoppers are confidential and anonymous, and the caller may be eligible for a cash reward up to $2,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Brawl trashes Fayetteville Waffle House
- NC woman started college at 12, now has Ph.D at 23
- Woman finds stranger masturbating in infant daughter’s nursery, deputies say
- 20-year-old woman dies in Clinton house fire, officials say
- Raleigh dog-sitter robbed client over Christmas vacation, police say