DETROIT (AP) — The Detroit Lions have fired coach Jim Caldwell.
Detroit made the move Monday, dismissing a coach who received a multiyear contract extension before the season.
The Lions ended their season with a 35-11 win over to Green Bay. They went 9-7, their third winning record in four years.
Detroit met relatively modest expectations this season, but raised hopes by starting with a 3-1 record before fading.
Caldwell was 36-28 in four seasons and went 0-2 in two postseasons with the Lions. Including three years with the Indianapolis Colts, he is 62-50 and 2-4 in the playoffs.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Southeastern NC and part of coast under Winter Weather Advisory
- Woman riding moped dies after hit-and-run crash
- VIDEO: Squirrel charges police officer after being ‘investigated’ for cookie theft
- Video shows speeding driver miss Wisconsin deputy by inches
- NC man dead, wife injured in domestic-related shooting, reports say