DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A fire caused “extensive damage” to a home in the 2800 block of Split Rail Place in Durham County, authorities said.
Firefighters were called to the scene just after 1:40 p.m. They were able to control the fire in a little more than 10 minutes, but not before it damaged the split-level home.
No one was home at the time of the fire.
The Lebanon Volunteer Fire Department, Durham Fire Department, Eno Volunteer Fire Department, Bahama Volunteer Fire Department and Caldwell Volunteer Fire Department all responded to the fire.
The Durham County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- MISSING VANCE COUNTY DAD FOUND SHOT TO DEATH IN CAR, 2 CHARGED WITH MURDER
- COMMUNITY UPSET AFTER HOA TELLS THEM TO LEAVE GARAGE DOORS OPEN OR FACE $200 FINE
- DOWNTOWN RALEIGH RESTAURANT OPENING TODAY WILL ALLOW DINERS TO PAY WHAT THEY CAN
- NC MAN THINKS MOM IS BEING HELD HOSTAGE, PAYS SCAMMER NEARLY $1,000
- 911 CALLS RELEASED IN CRASH THAT KILLED NC MAN IN WINTER STORM