WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – Some Wilmington firefighters came to the rescue of a dog that fell through an icy pond Monday evening.
According to officials with the Wilmington Fire Department, a golden retriever wandered onto a frozen retention pond behind the Campus Evolution Villages apartments off Racine Drive around 7 p.m.
Officials said the dog managed to make it to the middle of the pond before falling through the ice.
Firefighters quickly got on scene and used an inflatable raft to make their way across the pond to the dog.
They broke up some ice around the pooch before pulling it out of the cold water and to safety.
Thankfully, the dog wasn’t hurt and was reunited with its owner.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- MISSING VANCE COUNTY DAD FOUND SHOT TO DEATH IN CAR, 2 CHARGED WITH MURDER
- COMMUNITY UPSET AFTER HOA TELLS THEM TO LEAVE GARAGE DOORS OPEN OR FACE $200 FINE
- DOWNTOWN RALEIGH RESTAURANT OPENING TODAY WILL ALLOW DINERS TO PAY WHAT THEY CAN
- NC MAN THINKS MOM IS BEING HELD HOSTAGE, PAYS SCAMMER NEARLY $1,000
- 911 CALLS RELEASED IN CRASH THAT KILLED NC MAN IN WINTER STORM