WEST MONROE, La. (AP) — A woman was attacked and killed by a pit bull at a pet boarding facility in Louisiana.
A spokesman for the Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office says the incident happened about 11 p.m. Tuesday at the Happy Hounds Hotel in West Monroe. Glenn Springfield says deputies found a severely injured woman who later died from her wounds.
On Wednesday, Springfield confirmed reports by multiple news outlets identifying the victim as Laura Williams Ray, of West Monroe. Springfield says he didn’t know whether she worked for the business or if she was visiting an animal being housed there.
Happy Hounds owner Leanne Stuckey said her “heart was breaking” for Ray’s family but couldn’t comment further citing the investigation.
Ouachita Parish Animal Control has the dog. Springfield didn’t know its status.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- VIDEO: PASTOR ADMITS TO ‘SEXUAL INCIDENT’ WITH TEEN 20 YEARS AGO, GETS STANDING OVATION
- PENN STATE STUDENT FROM RALEIGH FOUND DEAD IN DORM ROOM, SCHOOL OFFICIALS SAY
- 6 NC GANG MEMBERS SENTENCED AFTER COUPLE KILLED TO STOP TESTIMONY
- 2 NEWEST SUSPECTS IN HALIFAX COUNTY QUADRUPLE MURDER APPEAR BEFORE JUDGE
- 3 MEN CHARGED IN COLE THOMAS CASE APPEAR IN COURT, 1 HAS BOND REDUCED