TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A man was stabbed to death in Tampa on Tuesday after police say he kicked a woman’s door in and attacked her.
Just after midnight, Tampa police say 34-year-old Gerald Lee Gay slashed the tires on a car outside a home on East Frierson Avenue near North 17th Street.
Officers say Gay then tried to get into the home. When he failed to get in through a window due to burglar bars, he kicked in the front door.
Once he was inside the home, police say Gay attacked a woman he knows who lives there.
According to investigators, the woman’s three children – ages 12, 13 and 18 – tried to intervene and stop the attack on their mother.
When they failed to stop Gay, police say one of the teenagers grabbed a steak knife and stabbed the man multiple times.
Gay was taken to the hospital where he later died.
The woman and her children are cooperating with the investigation. Police say there have been no arrests made.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- VIDEO: PASTOR ADMITS TO ‘SEXUAL INCIDENT’ WITH TEEN 20 YEARS AGO, GETS STANDING OVATION
- PENN STATE STUDENT FROM RALEIGH FOUND DEAD IN DORM ROOM, SCHOOL OFFICIALS SAY
- 6 NC GANG MEMBERS SENTENCED AFTER COUPLE KILLED TO STOP TESTIMONY
- 2 NEWEST SUSPECTS IN HALIFAX COUNTY QUADRUPLE MURDER APPEAR BEFORE JUDGE
- 3 MEN CHARGED IN COLE THOMAS CASE APPEAR IN COURT, 1 HAS BOND REDUCED