RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN/AP) — Warrants reveal a possible motive in last summer’s killing of a former ECU football player.
Anthony Lennon was shot multiple times outside the Bahama Breeze restaurant June 23. Police found Lennon in the parking lot just off Wake Forest Road.
According to warrants, police believe the 24-year-old was shot after he lost drugs that were being brought in from Seattle.
Ashanti Bennett, 33, of Greenville has been charged with Lennon’s murder.
Three others, Jamar Allen, Wantavius Jackson and Clifton Spellman III, all face charges related to the death.
A fifth suspect, Stephanie Owens was charged as an accessory after the fact.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- VIDEO: PASTOR ADMITS TO ‘SEXUAL INCIDENT’ WITH TEEN 20 YEARS AGO, GETS STANDING OVATION
- PENN STATE STUDENT FROM RALEIGH FOUND DEAD IN DORM ROOM, SCHOOL OFFICIALS SAY
- 6 NC GANG MEMBERS SENTENCED AFTER COUPLE KILLED TO STOP TESTIMONY
- 2 NEWEST SUSPECTS IN HALIFAX COUNTY QUADRUPLE MURDER APPEAR BEFORE JUDGE
- 3 MEN CHARGED IN COLE THOMAS CASE APPEAR IN COURT, 1 HAS BOND REDUCED