RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Felony assault charges against N.C. State sophomore point guard Markell Johnson have been dismissed, CBS North Carolina confirms.
Johnson has been cleared to rejoin the team and eligible to play, N.C. State Athletics confirmed.
Court documents show Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Michael O’Malley dismissed the charges Thursday.
Johnson was indefinitely suspensed Dec. 16 after being indicted on felony assault charges in Ohio on Dec. 5.
It is unclear when Johnson could return to the Wolfpack lineup.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 2 NEWEST SUSPECTS IN HALIFAX COUNTY QUADRUPLE MURDER APPEAR BEFORE JUDGE
- ELDERLY COUPLE HAULING $336K WORTH OF POT ‘GIFTS’ FOR FAMILY ARRESTED AGAIN IN NEBRASKA
- NC MAN CAUGHT WITH $10,000 WORTH OF COUNTERFEIT CLOTHES, WATCHES, SHOES IN CAR
- WOMAN RETURNS DEAD CHRISTMAS TREE TO COSTCO IN JANUARY, GETS FULL REFUND
- PIT BULL KILLS WOMAN AT PET BOARDING FACILITY, AUTHORITIES SAY