WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) — Human remains found behind the Walmart in Monkey Junction last November have been identified as a Wilmington man that had been missing since 2012, according to the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office.
Lt. Jerry Brewer said that the remains were sent to East Carolina University where dental records confirmed that it was John Calvin Pensyl.
Pensyl was last seen on May 17, 2012, at a bus stop near the Lowes Home Improvement on Carolina Beach Road. He was 20-years-old at the time.
A construction worker found the remains in woods located behind Walmart on Nov. 21.
Brewer said that due to the deterioration of the body, a cause of death couldn’t be determined. Foul play is not suspected.
Copyright 2018 WECT. All rights reserved.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- SNOW BACK IN THE FORECAST?
- ‘SHE’S BLEEDING VERY BADLY’: RALEIGH FOOD LION STABBING 911 CALL RELEASED
- RALEIGH HOT DOG STAND’S MESSAGE ABOUT WOMEN RAISES EYEBROWS
- 4 OF 6 WANTED SUSPECTS SURRENDER IN CUMBERLAND COUNTY CHILD SERVITUDE CASE
- REPORT: KILLING OF GIRL FOUND BURNED CALLED ‘WORST CHILD DEATH CASE’ M.E. HAS SEEN